Monday 2 January 2012

2012 the Year to Celebrate Friendship

I have been inspired by the idea of setting 30 day challenges rather than making New Year Resolutions (which so rarely last until the end of January).  I am therefore in the process of working out what my challenges will be each month taking into account the other commitments and activities that I already know about, for example the likelihood of taking holidays in August and the general Christmas busyness of December etc.

Within this context I have decided to make 2012 the Year to Celebrate Friendship.  I have some really lovely friends most of whom are clever, funny, beautiful and strong women and I really don't see enough of them.  I am convinced that my own sense of wellbeing will be greatly enhanced by making more of an effort to spend time with friends.

Being realistic many of these friends have busy lives, some do not live that near and family life generally puts pressure on weekend time.  My solution is to set myself the challenge of seeing at least one friend that I've not seen in the last year each month of this year - this will mean 12 life giving encounters with people that I really like and with whom I have spent part of my life's journey.

Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. I am posting this on behalf of my sister who has been unable to do so herself. Here is her comment: "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

    ReplyDelete