Saturday 7 January 2012

Marks and Spencer Dreamland

I must confess that I am a huge fan of M&S.  I think that for clothing basics M&S are hard to beat.  I am particularly pleased with a couple of pairs of "cigarette pants" that I purchased in the autumn, one in black and one in charcoal.  Strangely the charcoal pair are a slightly snugger fit which is because (and yes I did ask!) they are made in different factories, possibly even in different parts of the world. So be warned that just because an item fits you in one colour it may not in another - strange but true!

I discovered shock news earlier this week they have stopped producing white chocolate covered strawberries, in fact they have been out of production for over a year.   In the face of this bad news I have commended myself on clearly not overindulging on these too often.  I really do love their Belgian chocolate covered popcorn and so am considering stockpiling a few bags just in case the unthinkable happens.

I am a devotee of their bodyshaper underwear which is very kind to those of us with a tendency to under exercise and over eat.  Since M&S are so easily able to produce value for money and products that actually do what they say, in my dream world they would branch out into beauty and haircare - imagine how good their anti-ageing products might be! 

Imagine, if you dare, what a wonderful place the world would be if M&S also offered IT support services -technicians who understand the true meaning of support and where and when you actually need that support.

I am less impressed by the recent refurbishment of my local M&S which has more of a T K Maxx feel about it but then we did go just after Christmas when the sale was in its second day which might not be the best time to judge anything.  We failed to find many bargains but we did recognise the cashier although we struggled to place her.  She greeted us like old friends then loudly announced that she knew us from her time working at the local pharmacy and proceeded to tell us that she remembered all my husband's details - he hurried away at great speed fearing that she might reveal his repeat prescription details!

Happy shopping those of you will be doing some today!

No comments:

Post a Comment