Saturday 31 December 2011

Starting up!

Well, it is the end of 2011 and so time to make changes and think about the year to come.    Starting to Blog seems like the perfect thing to have a go at after dipping my toes into the world of Facebook and Twitter during the course of this year.

I have always resisted the idea of blogging but have come to realise that it is just a modern way of journalling which when done with ink on paper seems so noble.  In a discussion with an old friend yesterday I was commenting on how much admire a woman who each day tweets about one thing she has done that day and always it is in such positive and generous terms.  I would love to be that positive and see the good in life and I was sharing with my friend how I was going to start doing this during the coming year. 

Fortunately she reminded me of the last time I did this, about 11 years ago, which resulted in me having a near nervous breakdown and being off work with depression for six months and on anti-depressants for a year.  We agreed that I am clearly someone who needs to say it like it is and just get it out there however negative it may seem to some.  Blogging is going to be the easiest way of doing this as I spend alot of time at a computer and not sitting at a desk with parchment and a pot of ink in front of me. 

So I am going to try it and see what happens.  It is hard to imagine that there are people out there who would have the time or desire to read any of this but if you do read it, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment